Q. When should I make an appointment to fit my wedding gown?
- We typically recommend that brides schedule their first wedding gown fitting 2 – 3 months before their wedding date.
Q. How many wedding gown fittings should I expect to have?
- On average, you can expect 2 – 3 fittings depending on the extent of the alterations needed and the style of your gown. For extremely complex alterations and/or custom design work, more fittings may be required.
Q. How long does a wedding gown fitting take?
- Typically, fittings last 45 – 60 minutes per bride, so please consider a snack and a trip to the Powder Room prior to beginning your fitting.
Q. What should I bring to my fittings?
- To properly fit your gown, please bring to the fitting(s) the undergarments and shoes that you plan to wear on your big day. If your shoes have not yet been purchased, shoes of the same style and heel height may be used for your fitting instead. Keep in mind that your first fitting will last approximately 45 – 60 minutes. Standing in your dress and shoes while the dress is being pinned can be fatiguing, so please be prepared (many brides insist on coming to their fittings with an empty stomach — we do not advise this).
Q. How much do bridal alterations cost?
- Every dress is different and every body is different. Typically, we recommend that brides budget approximately $750 – $850 for alterations, though that number may go up or down depending on the style of the gown and degree of difficulty of the necessary alterations.
Q. What type of payment methods do you accept?
- As You Wish Designs accepts all major credit cards (Mastercard, Visa, Discover, American Express), PayPal, Zelle, and Cash.
Q. When is my payment due?
- After your first fitting, a deposit of $200 will be required in order to begin the alteration work. The balance will be due at your final fitting, and must be paid in full prior to taking your dress home.
Q. Where do fittings take place?
- Due to our unique partnership, if you purchased your dress at Brides on Hartz in Danville CA, we will fit your dress at the store (422 Hartz Ave, Danville, CA). Otherwise, if your dress was purchased elsewhere, arrangements may be made to fit your gown at your home, for an additional fee.
Q. Are fitting appointments still available during the Covid-19 pandemic?
- Yes, as County Health Orders allow. We will strictly adhere to all county/CDC safety recommendations and protocols for masking, sanitizing, and social distancing. This will include limiting the number of attendees allowed at fittings and shorter fitting times to limit potential exposure. Fittings may be cancelled or rescheduled dependent upon changing County Heath Orders.
Q. Who should I bring with me to my fitting appointment?
- During the Covid-19 pandemic, for the safety of all involved, brides will only be permitted to have a maximum of one guest accompany them into any fitting. Sorry, no exceptions.